POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Real Clouds with Real Problems : Re: Real Clouds with Real Problems Server Time
2 Aug 2024 00:20:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Real Clouds with Real Problems
From: Kenneth
Date: 1 Apr 2008 05:50:00
Message: <web.47f212a691cbe45978dcad930@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:
> "Kenneth" <kdw### [at] earthlinknet> schreef in bericht
>
> > Can you post a link to the relevant page on Gilles's site? I'm curious to know
> > what that is.
> >

> It is the MakeCloud page:
> http://www.oyonale.com/modeles.php?lang=en&page=36
> You are right. Gilles mentions the problem with intersecting containers.
> However, I have met instances with Gilles' MakeCloud macro, where even with
> non-intersecting containers, those still became visible. Very frustrating.
>
> Thomas

Thanks for that--my first introduction to df3 files.  Fascinating! I downloaded
the stuff and ran his makecloud1_demo file as-is, using his media parameters
(intervals 3, with method and samples left out.) But I didn't see anything odd
in that particular scene. I then changed his media to intervals 1 method 3
samples 1, and upped the cloud count--LOTS of overlapping boxes--just to really
wring it out!  Still no problems--which I found quite amazing,
actually. I *did* notice that he had max_trace_level set at 256. (Wow!)

Is there a particular demo that's causing problems for you?

Ken W.